Friday, November 4, 2011

Assessing my own teaching

This week I watched videos of myself teaching. It's always a little awkward watching yourself but I'm glad that I did. The overall feel that I now have after watching myself teach three times to my peers is that I really need to improve the flow of my lessons. I have awesome ideas and plenty of excitement, but the way that I structure my lessons and introduce concepts has got to be revamped. I need a process that helps me to shape the overall lesson of my plan. Maybe a good idea would be to start by asking myself the ultimate question, "What is it that I want these people to learn?" Or feel, see, know, etc... I also know that I need to pick one or two ideas and expand them more, versus slamming 10 ideas in and jumping all over the place.




No comments:

Post a Comment